Friday, November 26, 2004

Turkey day 2004

Hello everyone! Happy happy holiday season!!! I have got to get better at updating this more often or ya'all will get bored & not look me up. I do apologize for the lateness of my news, but surely everyone knows how life & procrastinating through it goes.

Thanksgiving day was a pretty good one. My mother talked the whole family into helping at her church to serve dinner & the grand count was around 250 people that we fed! It was great fun & we all enjoyed it. In fact I could see doing that every year. It's much more fulfilling than cleaning my own kitchen (& hanging in it all day!) My daughter even turned out to help. That was my greatest thrill in my day, hanging with her.

Her dad's presence was missed (Gary Reed Oct 11, 1953-Oct 7, 2004). however I wonder if it helped our holiday to be uneventful. No drunken outrages nor family members disappointed because someone didn't show up (well not ones I'm acknowledging). Tanya's friend came to pick her up last night & we joked about getting together as family units and how stressful that really is. If 1 or 2 people don't show, it's usually a better gathering. Oh how disfunction functions and how families perk.

I'm still working hard with this account in Wisconsin. I've scheduled another training when I go up there in December. I'm loving how one job after another comes at me. Keeps me afloat & busy. That's good. Too much dwelling on my personal world is just not healthy. After this I'm going to type right up till 3 o'clock when I get to help my friend, Brenda, clean her craft garage.

Those crazy dogs. Let them out, let them in. The "let me in" bark is a shrill high pitched one time yip. They need to learn patients just like I am trying to do. On the other side of that, they need dog houses with pens and it's high on my "to do" list. Now if that list wasn't so long!

I've been thinking of so many people in my life who I haven't seen lately. Funny how I mean to call, but never take the time. I'm not real thrilled with leaving messages. Especially when I'm sad, I don't want to leave sadness in a recording, so I'll just hang up. Maybe anyone who's had one of those calls from me will understand....

The holiday season brings on past flashes & current pain calmed by gaudy santas & fattening food. Comfort food I'm sure. Although those extra pounds won't be very comforting come January. Yesterday I must have eaten 4 pieces of pie. Well it was good. And much easier than sorting through my emotions. This is a time for growing and I don't mean out. If life is like a novel, I'm looking forward to seeing how it all turns out. I've some great theories, but no idea how our great author will see it.

Well I really wanted to say hello to all my friends & loved ones out there.
To Dawn, gosh I would have loved to ride to Ohio with you. I'm glad you are coming together with your daughter.
To Connie: I hope your day was fantastic. I thought of your pie all evening....
To Alex: are you coming for Christmas? I'm planning to be in Wisconsin the 13th-20th or so. If you still want me to help you drive, we are going to have to schedule that plane ticket soon!
To Gloria & Billy: wish I was there to bake cookies with you!
To my tahoe friend: Sure is nice to touch base after all this time. I hope nothing but the best & happiest for you.

Holiday greetings to everyone! Be sure & reach out to those in your heart, time is short & so is life on this earth.



No comments: